Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Yippie!

I am SO looking forward to this weekend! It's the Holiday Open House and Design House at The Old Lucketts Store! I LOVE this place! It is my absolute favorite haunt for finding unusual vintage and home decor items. They have the best furniture too! It's made up of many small shops and vendors inside the most beautiful old house - three stories of great stuff! The Design House is in another old home, out back by the pool. I have no idea who used to live on the property, but it is a place where I could spend many a long day, relaxing.

One of my pride and joy acquisitions is my antique sideboard that I bought from a store there called Fleurish. I also bought a beautiful table runner for on top of it there and a beautiful framed piece of art. They look so fabulous together! When we got our purchases home that day and in place, I was so giddy, that I kept saying to my husband, "Isn't it PRETTY?" I had wanted a sideboard for a long time and this one was perfect! This shop is run by Karen, who has a great web site called "The Graphics Fairy". She sells the most unique French items I've ever seen and her shop is always my first to browse in once I enter the store.

Here are some pictures of a past sale. I had a blast and know I will this weekend too!

I want this bedroom!

The pink chairs are to die for!

Howdy, Partner!

I adore the  use of the old car parts as decoration on this wall!
The other place I'm excited to be going to is Sawdust Specialties and More here in Leesburg. On Sunday the 7th, they are holding a special sale to benefit two local children, stricken with cancer. Discounts will be given and there will be tons of original arts, crafts, furniture and other goodies just waiting to be snatched up! If you're local, come on out and help support this worthy cause! 8 Ft Evans Rd, NE, Leesburg, VA 3-6pm.



SO MANY goodies to choose from! Shabby, Romantic, Country, Primitive:
no matter what you're looking for, it's bound to be there!

You can see more pictures of these two fun shops on their Face Book pages.
Happy Shopping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - I LOVE hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...