Pages

Sunday, November 11, 2012

30 Days of Giving Thanks - November 11 - Veteran's Day

November 11 - Today I am so very thankful for all of the men and women who have served or are currently serving this great country of ours! I cannot imagine what they go through; the harsh conditions, the traumatic experiences, being so far from home, not to mention the injuries some endure. I am so proud of each and every one of them for all that they do!
My favorite veteran is my dad. He served in the Navy during WWII and while he doesn't talk much about his experiences, I have seen his photo album and know that he contributed so much to the safety of our country. He helped keep us free. He helped keep us whole. I think that the Navy helped make my dad who he is today - honest, loving, hard-working, considerate of others, smart - so, so many wonderful attributes to his character (although rumor has it that he wanted to join up so badly because his older brothers had enlisted, that he lied about his age and was only 17 when he joined the Navy!)
 Thank you Dad! Love you so much!
Have you recognized your favorite Veteran today? Let them all know how much you care!
Hugs, Leena

1 comment:

  1. Amen- I wish my Dad were around so I could tell him Thank You! I don't think I ever thanked him for his service to the country. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment - I LOVE hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...