Pages

Saturday, November 24, 2012

30 Days of Giving Thanks-November 23-Nature's Songs

November 23 - Today I am thankful for the sounds of nature. So often, our brains are cluttered by so many things - thoughts of tasks to get done, people needing our attention, sounds of traffic, people talking, background music in stores, cell phones ringing, children screeching - Calgon, take me away, right? Well, if you don't have time for a nice bubble bath (boy, does that sound good!), try listening to nature's songs. Go some place quiet and listen. Depending upon where you are and what is going on at the time, you may hear crickets chirping, the rustling of fall leaves in the breeze, rain pitter-pattering on the roof or windows, waves crashing against the shore, birds singing a happy tune, the crackling of a warm fire, even the faint rumble of thunder in the distance can be calming.
Close your eyes and just open up to these wonderfully relaxing sounds. Breathe deeply and take in all that nature has to say. I guarantee that a little moment like this, even if just for a few minutes, will rejuvenate and calm your mind and soul. At this time of year, it's particularly important to keep stress in check and this is one way that I am very thankful for! It enables me to sort through the rest of my world more calmly and efficiently and to appreciate the little things in life that we don't always think of.
Go ahead, give it a try! Happy listening!

Hugs, Leena

1 comment:

  1. I have a really hard time relaxing, Leena. This is a good nudge to slow down and breathe deep and relax. I even type fast so that I can move on to what else I need to do! Sad....xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment - I LOVE hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...