Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Cookie Time!

Hi all! I don't know about you, but I do most of my baking during the month of December! I love making Christmas cookies and sharing them with family and friends (and, unfortunately, my hips) and always enjoy trying new recipes. Of course, I have my old favorites, but it never hurts to try new things, right? I've heard that learning new things makes wrinkles in your brain. Apparently wrinkles in brains are a good thing. Maybe I can get my brain to take some of my face's lines LOL!

This recipe came from Food Network and sounds yummy! I love chocolate. I love cranberries. Let's put them together and bake some goodies!


White chocolate, walnut, cranberry cookie
1 cup (250 mL) unsalted butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup (185 mL) granulated sugar
3/4 cup (185 mL) dark brown sugar, packed
2 large eggs
1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
2-1/4 cup (685 mL) all-purpose flour
1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
1 cup (250 mL) each chopped: walnuts, dried cranberries, white chocolate
In a large bowl using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
In another bowl, combine flour and baking soda. Beat into sugar mixture, in several batches. Using wooden spoon, stir in walnuts, cranberries and chocolate.
Scoop dough by tablespoon onto parchment-lined baking sheet, about 2 inches (5 cm) apart. Flatten with fork or palms into disks. Bake in preheated 350F (180C) oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
Cool 5 minutes on baking sheets. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Store in airtight container at room temperature up to 1 week or freeze up to 1 month.
Makes about 60 cookies
Sharing with: Alderberry Hill~Make The Scene Monday
 

 

5 comments:

  1. Those sound wonderful. We have lots of cranberries in WI! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sound really yummy. I just found some gluten free flour that can be substituted in any recipe. Maybe I will start with these :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look yummy! I'm always up for new cookie recipe. My family love all kinds of cookies during the holidays.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummmm. you saved me some right? Dang those look yummy yummy oh so get in this here tummy! Thanks for sharing lady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leena they look delish!! If I made them I would eat them all! And that's the truff *winks*.....High Five sistah friend on the bathroom carpet! I can't tell you how relieved I was to hear that at least one other person had dealt with it as well. I know it was thought of as luxe in the 90's but ewwwwww! Lol! Vanna

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment - I LOVE hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...