Pages

Friday, January 31, 2014

18th Annual Ground Hog Day Sale At Lucketts Store!

I finally made it! After living in this area since 1984 and missing 17 previous sales for one reason or another, today I attended the Lucketts Store Ground Hog Sale! If you've read other posts, you already know that Lucketts Store is my favorite vintage and junk haunt, yet ironically, I had never had the pleasure of attending this awesome special sale. Today, there were no disappointments!

Peek-a-boo! Ground Hog banners lined the side porch
 
My daughter and I headed out after the kids had gone to school and were simply giddy with the chance to get out of the house and to do some vintage and junk shopping! The weather was wonderful; in the 40's and mostly sunny! A far cry from the horribly frigid temperatures we've been suffering with. We explored all of the outdoor pavilions, found a few treasures, then headed into the main store for more shopping fun! My back wasn't too happy, so I "tried out" a lot of the chairs that were for sale when I needed a break. There were some really nice chairs there too, but since I've just purchased two new ones, I passed.
 
Lucketts Store has just about everything - including a kitchen sink or two! We took quite a few pictures with our phones, so I'll let them do most of the talking.

I love old car sections mounted on walls! 52 Chevy Deluxe doors
 
Old doors and windows are abundant!
 
Doe, a deer, I see three deer! Vintage garden pets!
 
    Cute vintage garden guy
 
        My daughter with one of the awesome sets of lockers. They came in all colors!
 
Love this sign!
 
I call him Mr. Big Head

If this weren't so huge, it'd be in my kitchen now!
 
Squirrel Man Looking Very Dapper!
 
Fun collection of vintage clocks!
 
             I swear this water buffalo's eyes follow you everywhere! Check out the great selection of western boots next to him from Boots and Burlap!
 
Groovy Cat-Eye Glasses with Rhinestones!
 
Original store Coca-Cola window

Sir Frankie's Seafood and Friends! I want the cow!
 
The Lady of the Hour - The resident Ground Hog! You never know what she'll be wearing. Today, it was a Sale T-shirt, pink and white pearls and a rhinestone tiara! Isn't she Divine? 
 
Thank you so much for stopping by and reading about our fun shopping day! If you're in the Leesburg/Lucketts, VA area this weekend, you might want to check out the sale! Saturday and Sunday, 10-5.
 
Coming next........what we bought!
 
Hugs, Leena
 


3 comments:

  1. Oh, I'd love to go to this sale!! What a fun day for you and your daughter! (and I love that sign for my kitchen, too! :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pea green with envy, I so would of loved to go to Luckette's. It looks like you and your daughter had a great time. Thanks for stopping by and liking my junk finds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you got to have such a nice day with your daughter! And even the weather was warmer :) Thanks for sharing a glimpse of Luckette's too Leena. I would love to visit there if I was closer.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment - I LOVE hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...