Pages

Sunday, February 18, 2018

Valentine's Day! We Made It Fun!

Hi and Happy Sunday! I'm so glad that you've stopped by!

As you may know, my darling husband, Jim, passed away July 5, 2017. Since then, I've been trying to figure out how to live this new life, with the assistance of my very helpful youngest daughter and two sweet grand children. One of the things that we decided to do was embrace the holidays! I normally don't decorate for much, other than Christmas and Halloween, but am finding that celebrating other special days in a similar fashion, gives us something to look forward to, something to do, and it's just plain fun!

We recently did a bit of shopping at Hobby Lobby, Dollar Tree and some thrift stores and I wanted to share some of what we bought........

I bought two of these sweet rose hearts. Guess who ate one? PUNKIN!


This is how we decorated with our finds - on our front porch.........

This is actually two pieces - a sign from Hobby Lobby hooked to a wreath from Dollar Tree

LOVE this tin banner from Hobby Lobby! 
Pink and White roses along with red hearts on sticks from Dollar Tree bring new life to empty flower pots!

 
Springy hanging hearts blowing in the wind
As a Beverage/Snack Bar in the kitchen..............


Yummy cookies in an old silver-plated, heart-shaped dish I found at the Salvation Army

Hot chocolate pods in a ceramic berry basket from Hobby Lobby

Dove chocolate hearts and love birds, along with peppermint sticks, occupy a pink filigree bucket from Target

Dollar Tree mailbox holds tea bags; dish towel from Target

Coffee pods are kept in white canisters that belonged to my mom

Mug from our honeymoon - how romantic can you get?


On Valentine's Day, Shannon and the kids gave me an adorable and cuddly sloth, a little vase of the sweetest baby roses and a big heart-shaped box of chocolates! I gave them gifts too.........

My great gifties!

Jar candle I made with glittery red and white pom poms and hand-written chalkboard tag; Jamison's pink elephant; Shannon's owl soap pump

Abigail's pink unicorn, candy and a sign I bought at a thrift store (there were a few other things I failed to get pics of)
As if that all wasn't enough, we had heart-shaped pizza for dinner, heart-shaped cake for dessert and chocolate-covered strawberries!

Heart Pizza!

Heart Cake and Chocolate Strawberries!

I think that we did the holiday justice! LOL! We had a good time and although I had some really difficult moments during the day, overall it was joyous and filled with love! I also like to think that all of the love and celebration goes up to Jim to enjoy too!

So that was our Valentine's Day! We had some red lights for the porch, but they burnt out. Thats ok. We plan to hang green ones now for St Patty's Day and Purple ones for Easter!

Thank you again for being here! Hope all is well with you and yours! Hugs!
Shannon aka Crazy Queen of Hearts LOL!





4 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you are finding ways to fit some bright spots into your "new" life. I know it can't be easy. I love that you had so many decorations and enjoyed the day itself.

    Hope you have a great week-xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find something in herbal medicine good to share on here with anyone suffering from the disease such as HIV, Herpes, Hepatitis or Chronic Lyme Disease,Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Lung Cancer,Breast Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Blood Cancer,Prostate Cancer,siva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic small-round-cell tumor Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone ToxicitySyndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresS sclerosis,Seizures,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpe ,Copd,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia.
    Lupus as well.Dr Itua herbal made cure my HIV and gave me hope that he can cure all types of diseases I believed him) I do the best of myself that I can do, I went for a program in west Africa about fashion on another side I was HIV positive. I walk through a nearby village for our program schedule then I found a signage notice that says Dr Itua Herbal Center then I asked my colleagues what all about this very man called Dr Itua, She told me that he's a herbal doctor and he can cure all kind of disease i walked to him and explain myself to him as I'm a strangler out there he prepared me herbal medicine and told me how to drink it for two weeks, when I get to my hotel room I take a look at it then says a prayer before I drank it not knowing after two weeks I went to test and I found out I was negative I ran to him to pay him more but he refuses and says I should share his works for me around the globe so sick people can see as well. I'm writing a lot about him this season so that is how I was cured by drinking Dr Itua herbal medicine, He's A caring man with a godly heart. Well - everything I decided all went through for me and how you're going to treat this new aspect to your life. You don't have to suffer alone, and it's okay to ask for help. It also doesn't have to be a constant demon, as you'll get to know your body and yourself in a much deeper way than most people. Take advantage of this, as it will help you appreciate Africa Herbal Made.
    Dr Itua Contact Information.
    Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Whatsapp Number....+2348149277967

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot for sharing us about this update. Hope you will not get tired on making posts as informative as this. Hair Salons In Kolkata

    ReplyDelete
  4. The post is quite important and worth for me. Looking for best trusted site to Buy Instagram Followers India

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment - I LOVE hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...