Pages

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Yummy Little Snack Idea

I have a new favorite snack that is light and refreshing and leans towards the healthy side! To say it's my favorite is an understatement - I am practically addicted to this! In fact,  I have been known to eat it as a snack, for breakfast and dessert! Well, not all in the same day. That would be a bit fanatical. What is this magical new discovery?

DANON OIKOS KEY LIME FLAVOR GREEK YOGURT WITH HONEY MAID GRAHAM CRACKERS!

I know, it doesn't sound exciting, but a single-serve tub of rich, smooth and OH SO YUMMY Oikos yogurt and two full sheets of honey-flavored graham crackers contains 290 calories, 7.5 grams of fat, 43 grams of carbs and 13 grams of protein. Compare this to a standard single-serve frozen slice of key lime pie, which has 330 calories, 16 grams of fat, 87 grams of carbs and 10 grams of protein - HUGE difference! Other breakfast, snack and dessert choices have similar or higher figures, which I sure don't want on my figure! LOL! And, it's fun to eat! I break each graham cracker for a total of 8 little rectangles. Then, I dip and scoop the yogurt with the crackers. You don't have to worry about double-dipping either because IT'S ALL YOURS TO EAT AND ENJOY! Mooooohaha! Sorry, I tend to get a little over-enthusiastic at times.

If key lime isn't your thing, there are lots of other flavors to choose from like Vanilla, Peach, Black Cherry, Apricot Mango, Banana Cream, Caffe' Latte, Coconut Vanilla, Caramel Macchiato, just to name a few. The crackers come in honey, cinnamon, chocolate - ohhhh I'm getting hungry! You can get low-fat varieties too!

You'll have to excuse me. There's a yummy breakfast waiting for me! Give it a try and enjoy!

Oh, I was not compensated for this post, but if either product is looking for a spokes person, I'm available! Also, I've been eating this yogurt for several months and John Stamos has yet to show up! Bummer.

Have a great day and thanks for being here! Hugs, Leena

3 comments:

  1. Oh Leena this was so fun to see today. I have been doing the same thing. I like the banana cream yogurt with the grams. So yummy. It is a nice little snack to fill the sweet tooth and stay a little bit on the healthier side. Yum.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your John Stamos comment cracks me up! You are so funny, Leena!
    Enjoy your happy-happy! I will have to try it. Thanks for the suggestion!
    Hugs, Julie xo

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment - I LOVE hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...