A couple of years ago, I embarked upon an eating healthy campaigne. Having no family members who were brave enough to join me, I often figured out ways to use part of what I was cooking for them and modify it to a healthier meal for myself, thus cutting down on my time in the kitchen. One night, I was making spaghetti for my husband and daughter and spaghetti squash for myself. I could use a little of the sauce I was making and still have a healthy meal that "sort of" resembled pasta. Sure, well, at least that's what I was telling myself.
My microwave is above the stove. On the stove at the time was a pot of pasta boiling and a pot of spaghetti sauce simmering. In the microwave, the spaghetti squash was cooking. I had cooked this type of squash many times before, always making sure to pierce the skin before placing it in the microwave and yes, I had done the same this time. I had just walked away from checking the items on the stove, when there was a huge BOOM!
My husband and infant grandson both sat in the family room with expressions of shock and horror on their faces, while I did the old duck and cover. I had no idea what had just exploded behind me and did not want to find out the hard way. For some unknown reason which, to this day, still defies science, the blasted squash had blown up! The microwave door flew open, spewing forth the oozing vegetation onto every surface - the floor, the stove, the pots on the stove, the food in the pots, the ceiling, the walls, EVERYTHING! I just wish that in my "I can't believe that just happened" state of mind, I had taken some pictures before cleaning it all up.
|Mine looked MUCH worse than this image from Google, but you get the general idea|
Please join me and other bloggers at the Blog Bulge Link Party by clicking on one of the links within this post, or on the button located on my right sidebar! Healthy never was this much fun!