Each year, the ladies auxiliary of our hospital hosts a rummage sale. I have attended the last several years and look forward to it as my favorite annual event! I always come away with a load of wonderful items that I can't wait to either display in our home or revamp for home or business use!
As a veteran of this large event, here are a few little tips for you to use during a similar treasure hunt:
1. Wear comfortable clothing and shoes. If indoors, leave your coat in the car
2. Carry a wheeled suitcase with a handle
3. Carry the largest tote bags you can find - when full, they can hang on the suitcase's handle
4. Bring plenty of small bills
5. If it's a charity event, like the rummage sale, please do not haggle on prices
6. Carry a bottle of water and a small snack
7. Get there early so you can park as close to the venue as possible. This way, you can empty your load and keep shopping
8. Charge your cell phone to keep in touch with your hunting partners if you get separated
9. Don't be afraid to dive in! Lots of times, items are just piled up. Dig around to find your treasure
10. If you love it and don't normally see it, buy it! You'll find a place for it later and if not, sell it
OK, now it's time for the fun part - PICTURES! Here are the goodies I came home with that day:
A sweet little tapestry footstool which will be recovered and painted, two wood rolling pins (the light colored one is HUGE), two mirrored dresser trays that will be painted and paired with other vanity items I have, three silver-toned trays (the rectangular one has a male and female peacock design that you can sort of see in the picture) and the white lace table cloth they're sitting on, which will be worked into a project I have planned.A wooden compote to paint, a rose-patterned trunk to store art supplies in, a neat old rubber stamp holder, a French lemonade bottle, a tan lace tablecloth, a large cherub statue that I will paint white and age, and in the back, two wooden rose wall shelves. The shelves are going to be removed and the roses used as way cool appliques!
Close-up of one of the rose shelves.
Close-up of cherub statue
Close-up of French lemonade bottle
Rubber stamp holder. Just wait until you see what I have in mind for this cool piece!
So now you can see why I am thankful for rummage and for the extremely hard-working ladies (and some gentlemen) of the board who put on this sale every year! Hope you find a treasure to brighten your day today! Thanks for dropping by! Hugs, Leena
From My Front Porch To Yours - Treasure Hunt Thursday
No Minimalist Here - Open House Party
Savvy Southern Style - Wow Us Wednesdays
French Country Cottage - Feathered Nest Friday