Pages

Saturday, April 7, 2018

Beach Blessed


Living in a beach town is the coolest! Why wouldn't it be? The beach is right down the road, accessible 24/7/365! It's not everybody's cup of tea but for me, it's heaven on earth! I can blissfully sit and admire the waves for hours, watching for shells to wash up and splashing my feet in the water. Before my back injury, you'd find me way out in the water, bopping in the current and fearlessly taking on even the biggest of waves. I really believe that being in water is my natural habitat. Living here is truly a blessing!



I've had the heart of a mermaid ever since my first encounter with the sea. My dad had a Knights of Columbus convention in Virginia Beach and we made a mini -vacation out of it. We stayed in this beautiful old and historic hotel from the 1920's, The Cavalier. While Dad was in meetings, Mom took the three of us to the beach. It was May; too chilly for swimming, but we enjoyed romping along the water's edge. I was young, maybe five, but I remember standing there, watching the water rush in and out along my feet. If you've ever done this, you know it can make you dizzy. My head started spinning and I toppled over, just in time for a mega wave to smack me in the head. My poor mom was terrified and she rushed to pick me up. I went right back to the water unscathed, laughing the entire time! The funny thing was, I was more frightened by the swimming pool than of the ocean. The sound of the waves was so inviting that I never was afraid to dive through them and swim further out. 



Source: www.cavalierhotel.com

This time of year is almost magical here. As the temperature rises, so does the activity level. Suddenly, people emerge on their golf carts, flowers and trees burst into bloom and tourists return. Businesses closed for winter reopen and everything comes back to life overnight! Even though it's still cool, it's the perfect time for walking and sitting on the beach. I really enjoy seeing all of the dogs that play on the surf! I've always wanted a beach -loving dog. So far, Chloe likes to walk on the beach and splash around a little, very little. Fenway is terrified of the waves and will wiggle out of his harness and run for the car (once was enough for him)! The "babies" haven't had much exposure. I know that Shannon took Punkin one morning, but she just admired it from afar as it was cold. I don't know if Bella has ever seen the ocean. Jim always said it'd be a nightmare trying to get all the sand out of her hair. I'm sure he was right! Punkin is probably the biggest risk - taker of the bunch so maybe she'll like a return trip in warmer weather. 

Punkin's introduction to the beach

Chloe wave watching

Dunes blooming

Chloe enjoying a morning walk along the shore

It's a good thing we have rainy days, or I'd never get anything done inside our house! We've been doing a big reorganization of everything from holiday decorations to knick knacks and there's still a lot to accomplish. Maybe I'll share some of that soon!

Have a wonderful day and thank you so much for dropping by!

Hugs, Leena

9 comments:

  1. Leena- You feel the same way about the ocean that I do. I have loved it since the first time I saw it and it has called my name since that day. How I ended up land-locked in the midwest is beyond me...but here I am. I do hope to retire to the beach for at least part of the year in the not too distant future.

    I hope you have a great week, Leena. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow is good to be back with my ex again, thank you Dr Ekpen for the help, I just want to let you know that is reading this post in case you are having issues with your lover and is leading to divorce and you don’t want the divorce, Dr Ekpen is the answer to your problem. Or you are already divorce and you still want him/her contact Dr Ekpen the spell caster now on (ekpentemple@gmail.com) and you will be clad you did
























      Delete
  2. Beautiful photos!!
    Thanks so much for stopping by and for leaving such a kind comment on my post about my nephew and thanks for your prayers.....
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

  3. Your blog is great. I read a lot of interesting things from it. Thank you very much for sharing. Hope you will update more news in the future.
    Gmail login
    Gmail sign in
    Gmail
    Gmail sign up

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whenever I have some free time, I visit blogs to get some useful info. Today, I found your blog with the help of Google. Believe me; I found it one of the most informative blog.
    Pedestrian Network in Bugis

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am late visiting but here I am! I am like you- I LOVE the ocean...and love wave jumping and just being by the water brings a sense of peace and calm to me.

    I was 20 when I saw the ocean for the first time and I was smitten and have never gotten over it.

    Wonderful post, Leena- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you say it in more detail? I don't understand well! By the way,I like custom decor

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment - I LOVE hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...