Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

It's Good To Be Meemaw!

My little grandbaby, Abigail Rose, is 15 months old. She is such a joy and so silly (just like her brother). I have no idea what got into her last night but she wanted me to cuddle her. I know that she was getting a bit tired but usually she'll run around and play until she just can't any more and sleep takes over. While I was fixing dinner, however, she decided she wanted Meemaw Time. She toddled over and put her hands on my knees, gave me this little "eh eh" grunt she does, and I picked her up. She immediately put her sweet head on my shoulder and snuggled in, so we sat and swayed and hummed for a little while, until my cooking duties needed me. I gave her a kiss and set her back standing on the floor. This was met with a bit of a fuss, followed by her latching onto my leg. No matter where I went in the kitchen, she followed me, making her little grunting noise and as soon as I stood still, she'd wrap her arms around my leg tight until I picked her up for another snuggle cuddle. This went on for a good half an hour, back and forth, up and down as, all the while, I attempted to get dinner on the table. Each time I put her down, she'd "eh eh" at me and latch onto my leg again. It was pretty comical, actually. Mommy and Geegaw tried to distract her but it was no use. She was determined to get her Meemaw Time no matter what! You would think that it would have gotten on my nerves. Oh no, quite the opposite. I love that she and I have bonded so well, especially since I haven't spent as much time with her as I did with Jamison, providing his daycare for 18 months. Abigail goes to day care outside our home, so we don't spend those fun days together. I was afraid that we wouldn't be as close as Jamison and I are, but not to worry. She lights up when she sees me, squeals, tries to say my name and rushes over for a hug and a kiss. Sometimes she gets so excited that she waves her arms in the air, kicks her feet back and forth and just about goes bonkers, she's so excited. I never really worried about how popular I was but in this case, it's good to be Ms. Popularity! I love being their Meemaw!


Abigail Rose sharing my smoothie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - I LOVE hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...